The George G. Glenner Alzheimer's Family Centers now leading Memory Cafés
What is a Memory Café?
A gathering place for friends wondering about, worried about or experiencing memory loss, where they can relax, learn and enjoy socialization, discussion, and activities. A chance to get out of the house and do something fun. A chance to engage people mentally and physically for better health. Other family members are welcome as guests, too.
Guides are experienced and trained to facilitate discussions and lead activities for mental and social engagement. Each Guide adapts their Café to fit the nature of the group. Occasionally, a group may invite professionals to present and be available for questions, however, these are educational and not marketing opportunities.
Walk-ins are welcome, but RSVP is appreciated for these FREE groups.
What Can You Expect?
- Social contact with others having a similar experience
- Peer support
- Free information and education
- Informal, relaxed and stigma-free environment
- Laughter, games, music, activities
- Stimulating conversation
- People caring for one another
- People empowered to choose the best quality of life possible
- People planning a successful future - whatever that is for them
- Chance to get out of the house for those otherwise isolated